ROCK 105.3 Presents Metallica's WorldWired 2017 North American Tour in support of their new album Hardwired… To Self-Destruct. The WorldWired 2017 tour is produced by Live Nation and kicks off on May 10th in Baltimore, MD. The tour will crisscross its way across North America into the summer, marking the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees and Grammy® Award winning band’s first proper North American tour since 2009. Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat will be the main support acts for the tour run.
Metallica is setting up pop-up stores in a few cities on their tour - and San Diego is one of them! Our pop-up store will be located at 520 fifth ave. and open Friday-Sunday, leading up up to the show on Sunday, August 6th at Petco Park.
You can get you World Wired gear in advance and have access to some items that will ONLY be available in the pop-up stores.
You can also enter to win cool prizes like snake-pit passes and autographed goodies
Plus Rock will be broadcasting live from the pop-up store on all 3 days
Fri, Aug 4th from 3 – 9pm
Sat, Aug 5th from 10am – 9pm
Sun, Aug 6th from 10am – 4pm
Fri, Aug 4th from 3 – 7pm with AD
Sat, Aug 5th from 10am – 2pm with Ashlee
Sun, Aug 6th from 10am – 4pm with Thor
updates here: https://www.metallica.com/tour/30544#event-faq
Be sure to print your ticket at home. THere will be NO MOBILE ENTRIES for this event
Venue Name: Petco Park
Venue Address: 100 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA 92101
What is the best way to get to the venue?
Guests are strongly encouraged to take public transportation or to park in off-site parking locations a short walk from Petco Park. Click here for full public transportation and downtown parking information.
Public Transit Information
Three (3) San Diego Trolley stations - 12th and Imperial, Park (12th) and Market and the Gaslamp Quarter Station (Fifth Avenue and Harbor Drive) serve Petco Park. All three Trolley lines-Orange, Blue and Green-provide direct service to and from the ballpark.
The COASTER train is a convenient way to travel from North County to downtown. Easily accessible with free parking from coastal communities, the COASTER lets you avoid traffic on Interstate-5. A special post-concert COASTER train will depart Santa Fe Depot promptly at 12:00 am.
A designated ride share loading zone is located on Park Boulevard near Harbor Drive, directly across the pedestrian bridge from Petco Park.
For fans traveling by car, four major thoroughfares feed into and out of downtown in all directions: Pacific Highway, Interstate 5, State Route 163 and State Route 94/Martin Luther King Freeway. In addition, eight freeway on- and off-ramps service the area immediately around the ballpark.
Guests are encouraged to purchase parking in advance at http://m.mlb.com/padres/ticket....
Drop Off/Pick Up Information
Drop-off and pick-up zones for guests are located on both the west and east sides of Petco Park. On the west side of the ballpark, guests may utilize 6th Avenue and K Street. On the east side of the ballpark, guests may utilize 10th Avenue and Park Boulevard.
Bicycle racks are conveniently located outside each of the ballpark entry gates.
When can I start lining up?
What time are doors?
What time does the show start & end?
The show is scheduled to start at 6:00 pm and end at 11:00 pm.
BOX OFFICE/WILL CALL
Where is the box office located to pick up will call tickets?
The Box Office is located at 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
What are the box office hours?
The Box Office will open at 10:00 am on the day of the show.
May I pick up my tickets before the day of the show?
Will call pickup will be day of show only starting at 10:00 am by the original purchaser with a valid photo ID.
May I bring my kids? Do they need to have their own tickets?
Yes. All children 36” and over need a ticket.
Is the NFL Clear Bag Policy in effect?
What am I allowed to bring into the venue?
See prohibited items below.
What is prohibited from coming into the venue?
For the comfort and safety of all, guests are not permitted to enter Petco Park with the following hazardous or potentially disruptive items:
- Amplified Music, Bullhorns or Loudspeakers (except as approved by the Padres)
- Animals (except ADA Recognized Service Animals)
- Backpacks or Bags larger than 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches
- Ball Retrievers (except baseball mitts)
- Balls of any type (except autographed baseballs)
- Balloons (except as approved by Padres for special events)
- Banners or Signs larger than 4 feet by 8 feet, may not be commercial, political or obscene (May not block guest views or any ballpark signage)
- Bats, Full Sized Brooms, Sticks, Rods (except small souvenir bats)
- Bicycles (may be parked at approved bike parking at gates)
- Drones, Remote Controlled Unmanned Aerial Vehicles or other similar motorized vehicles/devices
- Drugs or other illegal substances/paraphernalia (including Medical Marijuana)
- Fireworks or Other Incendiary Devices
- Frisbees, Footballs or other throw able Sports Devices
- Glass Containers of any type
- Hard Sided Coolers
- Inflatables (unless approved by the Padres)
- Knives of any type
- Lawn Chairs or Rigid Framed Seating Devices (Except ADA or as approved by the Padres)
- Laser Pointers
- Luggage larger than 16"x 16" x 8" (no on site storage due to safety concerns)
- Masks (except mascots or others approved by the Padres)
- Motorcycle Helmets (may be checked in at Street Guest Services prior to entry)
- Noise-Making Devices (unless approved by the Padres)
- Obscene or offensive clothing likely to provoke an aggressive response from others
- Outside Alcohol or Other Beverages (except factory sealed water 20 oz. or less, soft-sided single juice or milk containers or ADA required liquids in a sealed container)
- Professional cameras, video cameras, audio devices, Go-Pros/selfie sticks or I-pads.
- Segways when crowd size is projected at 30,000 or more guests
- Skateboards, Scooters, Razors, Hoverboards
- Smokeless/Chewing Tobacco
- Tents (unless approved by the Padres)
- Umbrellas (unless approved by Padres. May not block guest views or ballpark signage)
- Weapons of Any Other Type (Tasers, Nunchaku, Pepper Spray, Mace, Expandable Batons, etc.)
No professional cameras, video cameras, audio devices, Go-Pros/selfie sticks or I-pads.
If I bring something that is not allowed, is there somewhere to store it other than an automobile?
Guests with prohibited items are strongly encouraged to return those back to their vehicles. In the event that they are unable to do so, our Street Level Guest Center at the intersection of Park Blvd. and Imperial Ave will be available to check select prohibited items. The Street Level Guest Services Center will open at gate time and close approximately 30 minutes after show end.
ENTRY TO THE VENUE
What gates will be open?
All Petco Park Gates will be open for this event.
How many gates are there, what are they called, and where are they located?
There will be 5 gates for this event.
- East Village Gate – located at 10th Avenue and K Street
- Park Blvd Gate – located at Park Blvd and 10th Avenue
- Home Plate Gate – Located at Park Blvd and Tony Gwynn Drive
- Gaslamp Gate – Located at 7th Avenue and K Street
- Gaslamp Breezeway (for GA/Field tickets only) – Located on 7th Avenue between L and K Streets
- Balboa Gate (for Hard Wired and Whiplashed ticket holders only – open at 2pm) – Located at J Street and 9th Avenue
- Suite Entrance (for Suite ticketholders only) – Located on Park Blvd and Imperial Ave
- Media/VIP Gate (for Padres Lexus VIP and Unforgiven VIP only) – Located on Park Blvd at the north end of Home Plate Gate
Is there a separate entrance for GA tickets?
GA tickets can access the field from ALL general entrances. The Gaslamp Breezeway Entrance, located on 7th Avenue between L and K Streets, is for GA/Field tickets only.
Are there special entry gates or other services for disabled guests?
The Home Plate, Park Blvd., East Village and Gaslamp Gates all have designated ADA accessibility locations. A limited number of wheelchair escorts and loaners are available from our Guest Services Centers. If a guest is need of a wheelchair loaner or escort, please advise one of our Petco Park Team Members as you enter the facility.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Will there be food and beverages for sale at the venue?
Will beer and/or other alcohol be sold? Is there a cut-off time?
Yes. Cut off time is one hour prior to end of show (approximately 10:00pm).
Is tailgating allowed?
Tailgating is allowed only in Tailgate Park Lot located on Imperial Avenue at 13th St. Limited parking is available so guests are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase parking online.
Will official Metallica and show merchandise be sold at the event?
Yes - there will be 8 locations throughout the stadium.
Arriving before 6:30 pm is recommended to avoid large entry lines.
520 Fifth AveSan Diego, CA 92101
Friday 8/4: 3:00 pm - 9:00 pmSaturday 8/5: 10:00 am - 9:00 pmSunday 8/6: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm