Dog Nearly Dies From Severe Burns Caused By Purple Human Hair Dye

 

Pinellas County Animal Services is sharing a very disturbing story in hopes to raise awareness of the dangers of using human hair dyes on their pets.

Below are photos of Violet, a 5-lb Maltese, mix who is currently recovering from severe burns from human hair dye.

According to animal services, Violet was dyed purple with hair dye that was intended for human use only.  As a result, Violet's eyes were swollen shut, she was limp and in pain and had obvious severe burns to her skin. 

Animal Services immediately gave her fluids, pain meds and washed her off as gently as they could before bandaging her up.

When they actually shaved off her fur they noticed that her skin just began to slough off and they realized the burns were much worse than they had initially thought.  After giving her pain meds, antibiotics, IV fluids, honey treatments, anesthesia, and many bandage changes she is making quite the miraculous recovery.

“Please take one thing away from Violet’s journey,” Pinellas County  Animal Services pleaded. “Only use products specifically meant for pets  or you could be putting your pet’s life on the line.”

 

title

Content Goes Here