A complete list of all of the holiday festivities that you can safely enjoy in San Diego this year, despite COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. You'll find a list of all of the neighborhoods who are brightening the season with their holiday light displays, free holiday music stations you can listen to commercial-free 24/7, and the local attractions and events that'll safely get you into the holiday spirit!
NEIGHBORHOOD HOLIDAY LIGHTS
Here are all of the San Diego Neighborhoods who are treating us all to lights and decorations. Enjoy these festive light displays from your vehicle while you listen to your holiday favorites on the iHeartRadio App!
NOTE: These neighborhoods listed below are asking ALL VISITORS TO REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLES and drive through the streets to view the lights. Foot traffic is not advised and it puts the people who devote their time, resources and home at risk. Thank you!
CENTRAL SAN DIEGO
- In Clairemont on Lana Drive and Jamar (off Mount Abernathy Avenue), this circular drive is known as "Clairemont Christmas Park" where 40 homes are decked out in lights from December 5 - 25 from 5-9pm.
- The home at 4005 Mount Albertine Avenue in Clairmont features life-size Candy Land game decorations with lights from November 27 - December 31 from dusk to 9pm.
- Known as Merry-tage Court in the Scripps Ranch area, the homes on Stonebridge Parkway and Merritage Court are completely lit with themed holiday lights including: Star Wars, Minions, Disney, Frozen, Cars, The Grinch and more from December 1 - 31 from 5:30 - 9:30pm.
- Lights, inflatables and animated decorations cover the home at 10883 Sunset Ridge Drive in Scripps Ranch. Stop by November 27 - December 31 from 5 - 11pm to take a look.
- A 20-foot star and a myriad of inflatables decorate the home at 2002 Ainsley Road in the Serra Mesa/Mission Valley area from December 1 - 31 from dusk to 9pm.
- Over 100,000 lights and decorations adorn the home at 5306 Belardo Drive in Tierrasanta (off of Via Valarta at Via Playa De Cortes). This holiday home also features its own music soundtrack on 105.1 FM that is synched to the light displays. Stop by November 28 - December 27 from 6-10pm. More details available at Belardolights.com.
DOWNTOWN SAN DIEGO
- The Forward House in Bankers Hill at 108 Ivy Street (1st and Ivy), San Diego, This historic home will be decked out in holiday lights from November 26 - December 31 from 5-10pm.
- South Park's Luminaria Season runs along 30th Street and Fern Street in San Diego from Juniper to Grape, to Beech Streets. Everything from the trees, lamp posts, roofs and courtyards will be decorated with lights from November 23 - January 8.
- In Point Loma, Garrison Street and Chatsworth (off of Rosecrans) are known at the Garrison Street Lights and they'll be visible from December 1 - 31 from dusk to 10pm.
EAST COUNTY SAN DIEGO
- Known as Jingle Bell Hill (or Pepper Drive Lights) is just off of the 67 Freeway at Bradley. This El Cajon neighborhood's holiday displays run from December 5 - 25 certain days of the week: Thursday 6-9pm and Friday-Sunday 6-10pm.
- The home at 11456 Pegeen Place in El Cajon displays at "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme complete with all of the characters and on occasion even Santa makes a visit! Stop by November 29 - January 3 during the hours of 6-9pm (Monday - Thursday) and 6-10pm (Friday - Sunday).
- 1552 Cajon Greens Place in El Cajon is decorated with thousands of lights and yard decorations from November 25 - January 2, dusk to 10pm (Sunday - Tuesday & Thursday) and dusk to midnight (Friday - Saturday).
- 9777 Valley Ranch Road in El Cajon has a programmed winter wonderland light show with music on 87.9 FM and you can stop by November 27 - December 26 from 5 - 10:30pm.
- A 56-year tradition continues at 1838 El Pico Drive in El Cajon off of Hacienda Drive. The home features an 18-foot star sitting atop an 80-foot tall twinkling tree with over 4,000 lights that overlook the El Cajon Valley from December 1 - 31 each night. You can also watch over 70,000 programmed lights, a 55-foot automated train and Santa's Workshop from December 6 - 31 from dusk to 10pm.
- Known as "Tinsel Town" these holiday themed homes are located at 10248 Paseo Palmas Drive in Lakeside and you can stop by December 7 - 25 from 5:30 - 9pm.
- A 22-foot tree of light and so much more can be seen at 6266 De Camp Drive in La Mesa from December 1 - 25 from 5 - 9pm.
- Starlight Circle and Sunburst Santee are located at Tomel Court off of North Magnolia Avenue in Santee. 75 homes are lit and decorated in an easy-to-drive circle from December 1 - 31 from dusk to 10pm.
- 8575 Shanes Way in Santee features the sights and sounds of Christmas with a 25-foot light tree and 30,000 lights that dance to Christmas songs heard on 91.3 FM, December 1 - 31 from dusk to 10pm.
- The home at 9325 Pebble Beach Drive in Santee features a holiday lights and music, December 1 - 31 from dusk to 10pm.
- Animated characters like Snoopy, Mickey, Minnie, penguins and Santa decorate the home at 4037 Bonita Street in Spring Valley from December 10 - January 3 from dusk to 11pm.
NORTH COUNTY SAN DIEGO
- The home at 1145 East Barham Drive in San Marcos is festively decorated with electric train and snow machine. You can stop by weekends from December 5 - 27 from 5 - 9pm.
- Over 100 homes in Carmel Mountain Ranch's Fairway Village are decorated in "Holiday Magic!" Visitors are asked to enjoy the lights display from the safety of their cars - pedestrian traffic is discouraged. This neighborhood will be set up December 15 - January 1 from 5:30 - 10pm.
- Known as "Candy Cane Lane" the cul-de-sacs of Hickory Court, Hickory Street, and Rockrose Court in Poway (off of Twin Peaks Road and Silverset Street) are in full holiday mode from December 5 - 25 from 6 - 9pm.
- Happy Lights Ramona is on 23542 Bassett Way. It features 30,000 lights animated to music on 106.9 FM using almost 1,000 computer channels to control the lights display that are visible from November 27 - January 1 from 5:30 - 10pm (Sunday - Thursdays) and 5:30 - 11pm (Friday - Saturdays).
- Oviedo Street off Black Mountain Road in Rancho Penasquitos is known as “Christmas Card Lane.” You can enter off of Twin Trails Drive and Carmel Mountain Road or park at Sunset Hills Elementary School and walk. The street can be viewed from December 7 - 31 from dusk to 10pm.
- The home at 6646 Elegant Tern Place in Carlsbad definitely has the Christmas Spirit! In addition to decorations, they feature Santa's Mailbox and treats for children nightly. Santa writes back a personalized letter to each child (and it's all free) and open December 5 - 25 from 5 - 10pm. Santa will be visiting on December 14 and there will be crafts, music, hot cocoa and cotton candy (all activities free).
- Every year there is a different holiday decorating theme at the home on 3520 Corte Ramon in Carlsbad. See their lights and characters in December from dusk to 10pm.
- Check out the home light show at 6774 Vermarine Court in Carlsbad from December 1 - 31 from 5:30 - 9pm.
- Over 30,000 lights go into the light show at 5279 Willow Walk Road in Oceanside. 13,000 digital lights featuring mega board arches, plus singing Christmas trees are visible December 1 - 31 from 5:30 - 10pm.
- A nativity scene, lights, animated elves and a Santa's Village light display are features at the home on 2329 Snead Drive in Oceanside from December 7 - 31 from 5:30 - 9pm.
SOUTH BAY SAN DIEGO
- A 63-year old tradition continues with "Christmas Circle" in Chula Vista on Whitney Street and Mankato Circle between First and Second Avenue off H Street and 1st Street. Over 55 homes participate by lighting and decorating their home for all to see from December 5 - 25 from 5 - 10pm.
- The home at 2160 Reo Drive in Paradise Hills brings holiday cheer with lights, inflatables, and decorations from November 26 - December 31 from 6 - 10pm.
ACTIVITIES & FESTIVITIES
- November 26 - December 31, 2020 | Winter Wonderland at the Hotel Del Coronado
Winter Wonderland at the Hotel Del will include thousands of white sparkling lights, towering Christmas trees, ornament-trimmed evergreens, snowy surprises, and garlands galore transform The Del’s beachfront Windsor Lawn into a Winter Wonderland.
The magic of the season comes to life on a grand scale with a 35-foot Christmas tree in the center of our beachfront Windsor Lawn. The focal point of holidays at The Del, our main Christmas tree is outdoors this year to ensure the health and safety of our guests and while we perform historic preservation work on our main lobby.
Socially distanced photos with Old Saint Nick. Santa will be posing in his vintage sleigh as families take their photos at a 6-foot distance in front of him with our iconic San Diego hotel’s glittering turret as the backdrop. Santa will be available from 4-7 pm on November 28, December 5, 12, 19, 23 & 24 - RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
- December 1 - January 3 | Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol LIVE
The La Jolla Playhouse invites you to experience A Christmas Carol unlike any other—past, present or future. The timeless tale of Ebenezer Scrooge comes to thrilling new life as Tony Award® winner Jefferson Mays (I Am My Own Wife, Gentleman’s Guide…) plays over 50 roles in a virtuosic, master class of a performance that must be seen to be believed. This theatrical achievement comes from the haunting vision of one of Broadway’s most imaginative directors, Michael Arden (Tony-winning Best Revival –Once on this Island). Live steam access can be purchased here.
- December 3 - 23 | Holiday Market and Trail at Petco Park
The Holiday Market and Trail at Petco Park is a safe and fun night out for the whole family. The socially distanced, single-way Holiday Market in Gallagher Square, will feature local and European artisan shops, magical lighting displays, seasonal food and beverage, Santa and other holiday characters! Holiday festivities run from December 3 – 6 and 9 - 23 with daily time slots from 4:00 – 9:30 p.m.
The walkthrough lighting displays will feature the following themes: Candy Land, Winter Wonderland, Home for the Holidays and Artisan Workshop. Vendors will include such items as: Schnitzel, Gingerbread Houses, Wooden Figurines, Glass Ornaments, Handmade Wood Kitchenware, Delectable Treats, Oils, Handmade Soaps, Alpaca Fleece and much, much more! Face masks are required at all times. See complete details here.
- November 20 - January 4 | SeaWorld Christmas Celebration (UPDATE: Park is temporarily closed)
There’s no hold on holiday cheer this year! SeaWorld San Diego’s Christmas Celebration brings families together with priceless traditions and fun-filled surprises, with enhanced safety measures in place – because Christmas is meant to be merry and bright.
- November 20 - January 10 | Holidays at LEGOLAND
It’s time for Holidays at LEGOLAND®, where the Resort is bursting with holiday cheer and festive décor!
Your favorite holiday characters Santa, the Toy Solider and Gingerbread Man are back and ready for socially distanced meet-and-greets. Head over to Fun Town where there’s a 30-foot, fully decorated LEGO® Christmas tree with over 400 LEGO ornaments. And as the day winds down, the tree gets a-twinklin’ to holiday tunes at the Holiday Light Show.
- November 27 - January 3 | Wild Holidays San Diego Zoo Safari Park (UPDATE: Park is temporarily closed)
Join us for Wild Holidays, proudly presented by California Coast Credit Union. Go on a holiday expedition of light, and travel through places that glow and twinkle with holiday cheer. Lights and entertainment from 4 to 8 p.m. on these dates: November 27-29 | December 5, 6, 12, 13, 19-23, 26-31 | January 1-3
- November 27 - January 3 | Northern Lights at California Center for the Arts in Escondido
Experience a twinkling lights tunnel, a sparkling light display that dances to music and a snow machine on this self-guided walking tour. FREE and located at 340 N. Escondido Blvd., from November 27 - January 3 from 4:30 - 9pm. More info at http://artcenter.org.
- November 28 - January 3 | The Peace Family Light Show
This Peace Family produces a fun theatrical light show experience in Escondido, CA, that was featured on ABC's Great Christmas Light Fight in 2018. With over 36,000 red, green and blue LED lights, and a little Christmas magic, the Peace Family is able to light up their home in new and theatrical ways not seen before.
Due to the popularity of our show, and out of respect for neighbors, the show was moved from their home to home, to California Center for the Arts, Escondido.
- December 2 - 30 | Botanic Wonderland at San Diego Botanic Gardens
An outdoor holiday lighting experience, where visitors can safely stroll amidst festive holiday lights throughout various areas within the Garden’s 37 acres. This family-friendly event includes festive displays of lighted animals, laser lighting and fire pits, and our plant collection illuminated in a way you have not experienced before. Live music is offered nightly, with musicians roaming throughout the Garden. Hot beverages and food are available. See our website for updated schedules and other details.
Dates: December 2-6; 9 &10, 12 &13; 16-23; 26-30 from 5 – 8:30 pm
- December 3 - 24 & 26 - 30 | Old Town Trolley's Holiday Lights & Sights Tour
Join in sing-a- long caroling with the elf conductors as they share fun holiday facts and traditions and see the festive lights of Old Town, Embarcadero, Seaport Village, Balboa Park and more. $25; 3 & under free. Old Town Market, 4010 Twiggs St. www.trolleytours.com
- December 4 - January 3 | Jungle Bells at the San Diego Zoo (UPDATE: Park is temporarily closed)
Our later hours are filled with lighted displays, musical performances, animal views, and fun, safe, socially-distanced entertainment. 'Tis the Season to celebrate - join us for holiday cheer December 4-6, 11-23, 25-31, and January 1-3.
- December 5 - 27 (weekends) | Iluminated Winter Nights at Belmont Park
Enjoy a Beachside Winter Wonderland theme with lights, illuminated sculptures and great photo ops including a lighted barrel wave. Weekend nights, Dec. 5-27. Belmont Park, 3146 Mission Blvd.www.belmontpark.com
- December 5 - January 2 | Holidays In Your Car
Holidays In Your Car Del Mar- Discover a symphony of sight and sound at one of southern California's largest Drive-Thru Holiday Light Spectaculars! Experience Holidays in Your Car at the Del Mar Fairgrounds featuring more than ONE MILLION LED lights, Holograms, and Projection Mapping animated to the tunes of Holiday Classics.
- December 18 - 23 | Noah Homes Enchanted Village: A Drive-Thru Holiday
Over 100,000 holiday lights, interactive displays and fun attractions from the safety of your vehicle. More details and pricing at www.EnchantedVillage.org.
- December 21 | All Is Calm - A Unique Drive-In Holiday Experience
Safely gather in the comfort of your car for a live sing-along of holiday favorites with members of the San Diego Opera Chorus, followed by a special filmed encore presentation of our 2018 production of All Is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914. Told through carols, patriotic songs, and letters from the front lines, All Is Calm recounts the Christmas Truce of WWI when soldiers on both sides entered no-man’s land to celebrate the holiday together. Let this story of unity inspire your family in this safe and socially-distanced drive-in musical experience at the Del Mar Fairgrounds parking lot. One night only, Monday, December 21, 2020 at 7pm. Tickets are available here.